A Henry Moore statue loaned to sculpture park starts journey
Geometric and elegant, Velocity invites viewers to walk around it to discover new views as well as what can be seen between the wings. The sculpture will be made of the highest quality stainless steel and have a honed finish, which will show the forms off, in a beautiful and timeless way.
- Charlie and the Magical Wardrobe: Childrens action & adventure book about a little boy and his pet dog and their amazing time travelling adventures!.
- Microwave Cooking: Vegetables and Pork Soup (Microwave Cooking - Soups Book 6).
- Plaque with the Journey to Emmaus and Noli Me Tangere!
- The Problem Isn’t the Sculpture in Tel Aviv’s Azrieli Mall - the Problem Is the Mall.
- News - Page 2 of - Sculpture by the Sea.
Ken Kelleher is an American sculptor. Hudson Studio was in a shared space at the time with sculptor Jon Isherwood and is in close proximity to Triangle Workshop. Before becoming a Creative Director in Advertising, he produced several series of large abstract sculptures, some of which were sold into private collections. Now boasting a collection of over sculptures in 12 acres of beautiful and wild woodland gardens, and a highly acclaimed award-winning restaurant; Broomhill Art Hotel draws visitors from all over the globe.
Broomhill National Sculpture Prize. Normally there are 10 shortlisted. This year one had pulled out in the last minute. This raises the question of labor. The sculpture now has a part-to-part relationship that would be missing in a monolithic structure. The labor involved in constructing the piece from bricks offered an ideal solution to a series of problems that we had to negotiate—problems not only in the construction of the piece, but also in the conceptual design. Then there was the fact that the piece would be created in California and trucked over here—that became less and less interesting to me.
More Like This
LM-C: So, local construction and local materials became another conceptual element. The bricks have such a high iron content that they appear shiny without any glaze.
Nebraska is one of the few places in the world with this type of clay. KJM: It became important to source the material from brick makers in Iowa, or just outside, and to find craftsmen and masons from here. I live in Chicago now, and one of the mottos of Chicago is that it is the city that works.
Sculpture Speaks By Lisa Fedon
That sense of the importance of labor, of actually making things with your hands and building, became crucial to the piece. Still, I wanted to figure out a way to preserve a certain kind of blackness. It was going to be black resin initially, but because of these conceptual concerns, I wanted it to be black glazed brick.
LM-C: That goes along with the purpose of honoring the people who live here, who have been relatively anonymous.
KJM: And it also means that the people here are invested in it. The choices we made ended up giving the people of Des Moines a sense of ownership in the piece.
Skip to content. A Monumental Journey , Steel, granite, and cladding in manganese ironspot brick, 30 ft.
- CAPO Limited Edition Sculpture Series: Jun Cha’s Year-Long Immersion in the A...;
- January 24, 2012 State of the Union Address - President Barrack Obama - Full Text;
- The Virgin Mary and Catholic Identities in Chinese History.
- Das Mädchen, Das Beim Sex Furzte.
- The 3 MAYA(S)!
- The Lord of Misrule (Red Ned Tudor Mysteries Book 5).
Necessary Always Enabled.